1. To begin your nanny search complete TLC's Parent Application Form and Services Agreement. A non-refundable application fee will be charged to your credit card.Please be as detailed as possible so that TLC can send you candidates that meet your specific needs and qualifications.
2. Consult with a TLC representative.We will discuss your children and their needs, your application, and our procedures. We will also provide practical paperwork on becoming a household employer including interviewing, tax considerations, salary and benefits, employment contracts and guidance on how to maintain a lasting and positive relationship with your nanny.
3. Interview candidates in your home.We will schedule the interviews at your convenience and provide you with interviewing questions to help you through the process.
4. Make an offer to a candidate and negotiate salary and benefits.Average salary is between $500 and $650 per week for full time and $12-$16 per hour for part time. Benefits typically include at least one week of paid vacation, 2-3 paid sick or personal days, and perhaps a percentage of health insurance. Extra weekend sitting is between $10 and $15 per hour or $60-$100 per day for overnight care when you travel.
5. Complete "intent to hire" form for additional background checks.
6. Complete Nanny Employment Agreement.
7. Placement Fee is due prior to nanny start date.TLC Fee Schedule:
The first 10 weeks (2 weeks for summer) are considered a probationary period. During this time, if the nanny or the family is dissatisfied, TLC will continue the search to find a suitable match or we will credit your account 50% of the placement fee toward a future nanny search or toward other services.
The entire process should take between 2 and 6 weeks. You are not obligated to hire any caregiver sent to you.
All Content © 2008 TLC For Kids, Inc. All Rights Reserved